Gregory J. Nowak, a partner and practice leader for hedge funds in Pepper Hamilton’s Funds Services Practice Group, hosts a monthly webinar series for West LegalEdcenter.
This month, Mr. Nowak was joined by Pepper attorney Ausra Ragauskaite, Dave Dalzell from Dalzell Trading and Timothy V. Frazier from TriNet to discuss the economics and reasons for outsourcing. Topics include:
- What are the SEC and FINRA ground rules for outsourcing by registered investment advisers and broker dealers, respectively?
- Who are the logical users of outsourced services and why:
- FINOP and CCO
- Custody and administration
- Investment management
- HR functions
- What do these relationships look like? How do they operate in practice?
- When is it a good time to outsource — at the beginning of your growth spurt, as you grow, or after you have turned the corner?
This podcast is a recording of their presentation.
Download a copy of the PowerPoint presentation.