Representative private investment fund engagements in which Ms. Pindyck-Costantino has participated include:
- representing a not-for-profit and a venture capitalist in the formation of a new venture fund, management company and joint venture seeking to make investments in early stage information technology companies
- representing a private equity firm focused exclusively on the health care industry in the closing of its second fund
- representing ultra-high net worth families in the formation of an oil and gas platform for the acquisition and development of interests in the mid-western United States
- representing a private equity fund in the acquisition and divestment of portfolio investments in the energy sector
- representing family offices in formation of investment platform in the health care sector
- representing a partner in spin-out from a large investment platform including negotiating spin agreement, carried interest award and going forward economics
- representing a large investment manager in its ongoing operations including limited partner transfers and advising it regarding investments in underlying funds and portfolio companies
- representing a private equity fund in the formation of a joint venture with a publicly traded corporation in the oil and gas industry and the subsequent divestment of a portion of the holdings to an industry strategic partner
- representing a broker dealer sponsor in the formation of a multi-faceted investment program focused on natural resources, and comprised of private equity, master and hedge fund components, each with an onshore and offshore feature
- representing a venture capitalist and strategic partners in the formation of a new venture fund seeking to make investments in infrastructure technology companies designed to source and identify key technology innovations that will drive new infrastructure projects
- representing a group of venture capitalists in the formation of parallel venture funds seeking to make investments in companies with brand driven growth strategies with a principal expertise in the health care sector
- collaborating with offshore counsel to create offshore parallel and feeder investment vehicles for a number of private equity fund and venture fund clients
- working with non-U.S. counsel to permit the offering of securities in compliance with foreign securities laws in various jurisdictions.
In other engagements, Ms. Pindyck-Costantino has represented:
- a privately held insurance company in its strategic acquisition of another privately held insurance company
- a group of private equity investors in the acquisition of a debt collection agency
- a public company in the disposition of a wholly owned subsidiary to a strategic buyer
- a privately held software company in its strategic acquisition of another privately held software company.
Before attending law school, Ms. Pindyck-Costantino was an associate producer for National Public Radio’s Living on Earth and served as the co-chair of Living on Earth’s Ecological Literacy Project, which engages middle and high school students in a science-based exploration of their local environment and trains them in professional radio production.