Mr. Isacson’s representative experience* includes:
- prevailed in inter partes review proceedings to invalidate claims to pipe couplings
- developed multigenerational worldwide patent portfolios for orthopedic implants for a leading teaching hospital
- prevailed in an interference proceeding, which resulted in issuance of a patent for transgenic corn
- prevailed in an interference proceeding and obtained a precedential affirmance from the Federal Circuit for a biotechnology company’s patent
- successfully prosecuted a family of patent applications, first filed in 1982; the representation involved a patent interference, a civil action under 35 U.S.C. 146, and multiple ex parte appeals to the Board
- prosecuted an application leading to a U.S. patent having pre-GATT term, issued in 2013
- successfully obtained a remand from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit to the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences for further proceedings to consider the separate patentability of protein and DNA
- represented a multinational biopharmaceutical company in intellectual property matters related to a multibillion-dollar acquisition.
*Matters may have occurred before joining the firm.