Combatting the opioid epidemic continues to be the highest priority for federal and state health care prosecutors. At this program, representatives from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, the State Legislature, and health care services will provide an overview of current efforts to address the crisis, including:
- Opioid enforcement initiatives of the U.S. Attorney’s Office, including discussions of the Insys trial, diversion efforts, and the recent “warning letter” sent by U.S. Attorney Lelling to a number of health care practitioners
- Recent cases brought by the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, including a manslaughter case against a physician related to an opioid overdose
- How health care providers are working to combat abuse and provide patient care
- An update on state legislative proposals to give the AG’s Office more tools to fight the opioid epidemic while protecting individuals suffering from substance abuse disorder.
- Miranda Hooker, Partner, Pepper Hamilton
- Jessica Driscoll, Assistant U.S. Attorney - District of Massachusetts, U.S. Attorney's Office
- Gregory H. Matthews, Assistant Attorney General at Massachusetts, Attorney General's Office
- David S. Schumacher, Partner, Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C.
- Hon. Michael Day, State Representative, Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Dennis M Dimitri, MD, Vice Chair - Clinical Services Department of Family Medicine, UMass Memorial Medical Center
CLE credit available.
Boston Bar Association
16 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
BBA Member: $140
BBA Member: Legal Services/Government Lawyer - $70
Law Student - $30