James D. Rosener, a partner in the Commercial Department of Pepper Hamilton and head of the firm's International Practice Group, will be speaking at the American Conference Institute's (ACI's) 2019 M&A, RWI and Transactional Insurance Conference taking place on October 10–11, 2019 in New York City. Mr. Rosener will be speaking on the topic "Cross-Border Transactions and the Global Reach of the M&A Market."
Key topics include:
- Examining policies for cross-border global transactions
- Identifying macroeconomic trends including the Brexit effect on the M&A transactions
- Recent M&A trends for global transactions with US and European companies
- What type of products are used in these transactions?
- What are the regional discrepancies in terms and coverages?
- Understanding complications that arise from cross-border deals that involve a mix of U.S. R&W insurance and overseas warranty and indemnity (W&I) insurance
- Review of the Northern European private equity firm FSN Capital WI claim and full payout
- Challenges with choice of law concerns with cross-border transactions
- Underwriting challenges with multinational transactions involving several countries involved in a cross-border transaction.