Pepper Hamilton Women's Initiative
Pepper’s Women’s Initiative (WIN) began in 2003 and is a program dedicated to the development, promotion and success of the women attorneys of Pepper Hamilton. Hope A. Comisky and Joan C. Arnold were the founding partners.
WIN is led by partners Stephanie L. Pindyck-Costantino, Maia H. Harris and Judith L. O'Grady.
WIN consists of several subcommittees charged with specific areas for women advancement, including:
- Business and Career Development
- Mentoring and Guidance
- Recruitment and Retention
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Women Partners Committee.
A steering committee comprised of senior women partners provides the subcommittees with guidance and perspective. WIN arranges opportunities for informal mentoring from other, more experienced attorneys, and organizes several programs each year, including professional development training on such topics as communication and marketing skills.
Our Women’s Initiative is just one of the more recent efforts in Pepper’s long history of successes in this area and other areas:
- Pepper elected its first female partner in 1960.
- In 1992, we were one of the first large firms to elect a woman as executive partner, and, in 2007, we elected a woman to chair our Executive Committee.
- Female partners serve as the firm’s General Counsel and the firm’s Professional Responsibility Counsel.
- A female partner leads our Orange County office and women lead the firm’s antitrust, commercial litigation, India, funds services, media and communications, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation and counseling, and tax practices.
- Women also serve on the Executive, Management and Finance Committees.
- Women hold senior administrative positions including: director of administration, director of professional development and recruiting, director of information services and technology, director of library and research services, and director of user services.
- A female partner was named a “Most Powerful and Influential Woman of Pennsylvania” for 2010 by The National Diversity Council.
- Pepper Hamilton Attorneys Named Among Top 250 Women in Litigation (2012-2018).