A Webinar of Pepper Hamilton LLP
Understanding the Role of Management Service Organizations (MSOs) in Achieving Meaningful Use and Mitigating Risk of PHI Disclosures
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Recorded on September 27, 2012
View Webinar online.
Learn more about the relationship with MSOs and identifying your risk and exposure to PHI disclosures.
Learn more about MSOs and understand:
- the role in the implementation of EHRs; achieving meaningful use compliance and metrics; and the needs for risk management and planning regarding security, privacy and confidentiality
- impacts from the latest legislative regulations of HIPAA, ARRA, HITECH and other compliance mandates
- the role in achieving regional and national objectives of health care reform and the NwHIN vision
- the risk of an OCR audit and how to prepare
- potential ramifications of unlawful disclosure of PHI and how to prepare your organization
- whether or not all MSOs are “created equal” in addressing compliance issues
- how to define your organization’s risk tolerance and implement strategies for addressing risk mitigation.
Lee Barrett, Executive Director, EHNAC
Craig Behm, Executive Director, MedChi Network Services
Sharon R. Klein, partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
Luigi LeBlanc, Technology Director, Zane Networks LLC
William O'Byrne, Executive Director, NJ-HITEC
Sarah Orth, Health Policy Analyst, Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC)
Visit http://www.ehnac.org/ for more information.