A Webinar of Pepper Hamilton LLP
Current Legal, Tax and Business Issues Facing Indian Investment Funds
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Indian Webinar Series
Pepper partner Valérie Demont moderated a discussion on current legal, tax and business issues associated with structuring private equity funds targeting investments in Indian portfolio companies.
- structuring the fund to accommodate the targeted group of investors
- achieving maximum tax efficiency across multiple jurisdictions
- analyzing recent regulatory developments in the United States, the Cayman Islands, Mauritius and India affecting Indian investment funds and fund managers
- complying with alternative Indian regulatory regimes for foreign venture capital investors
- implementing standard or creative economic bargains using non-traditional vehicles and terms
- disclosing necessary risk factors and avoiding undue regulatory and tax risks
- selecting and managing local counsel.
Valérie Demont, partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
SpeakersTodd W. Betke
, of counsel, Pepper Hamilton LLP
Percy Billimoria, partner, AZB & PartnersJulie D. Corelli
, partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
Sai Krishna Bharathan, partner, AZB & Partners
View the webinar as a Microsoft Office Live Meeting high-fidelity presentation.
View the Webinar in Windows Media Player.
PDF file of the PowerPoint slides from the Webinar.
Sai Krishna Bharathan