Ms. Klein’s practice includes assisting domestic and international clients in:
- providing breach response and breach coaching to assist in mitigating cyber-risk
- advising companies on data governance and privacy regulations in acquisitions and product launches
- advising on privacy, security, data management and online advertising issues, including HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, CAN-SPAM, EU and global data protection, Bring Your Own Device, cloud computing and spyware
- structuring outsourcing transactions (some exceeding $1 billion) to transfer all mainframe, server, desktop, LAN-WAN equipment, application development and all IT personnel supporting such technology to major outsourcing vendors (including offshore), developing service levels to facilitate optimum performance and providing privacy and security advice relating to offshore processes
- structuring a variety of e-commerce arrangements, including Web development and hosting agreements, electronic market places, lead generation and EDI including regulatory advice in privacy, security, CAN-SPAM and state, federal and international legislation
- advising a large manufacturer of consumer electronics developing and commercializing technology innovations, with a vendor of remote access technology to allow home monitoring for health care and other purposes. Such advice included structuring strategic alliances and licenses protecting intellectual property and resolving issues involving complex ownership and licensing rights, negotiating agreements for the licensing, maintenance, support and acquisition of computer hardware, software, databases, telecommunications and networking.
- structuring strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures
- drafting complex commercial transactions for a leading manufacturer of consumer electronics involving product launch and product life cycle, including (i) combining licensed works into a solution and defining the parties’ respective ownership rights; (ii) structuring OEM and ODM manufacturing agreements to build the product; (iii) drafting end-user customer licenses; (iv) developing supply agreements for product resale; (v) structuring channel distribution agreements
- providing advice on telecommunications deals, including managed services, dark fiber and lighted fiber agreements, PBX acquisitions, wireless and broadband access.