Dr. Queiroz de Oliveira has a wide array of technological experience and knowledge from his time spent as a researcher, as well as a patent attorney, including pharmacology, molecular biology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, pharmaceuticals, drug development and diagnostics.
Specific examples of Dr. Queiroz de Oliveira’s experience include:
- advising companies on the creation and expansion of exclusivity strategies to protect therapeutic products through the interplay of patents, regulatory data and marketing exclusivity, trade secrets and other proprietary rights
- conducting IP due diligence reviews and audits on behalf of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, investors and lenders in preparation for partnering, financing and public offerings
- providing counsel on and preparing nondisclosure agreements, consulting agreements, license agreements and collaboration/joint venture agreements for biotechnology companies
- providing assistance to venture capital and investment funds in evaluating potential investment opportunities with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in relation to private placements/public financing transactions
- preparing and filing patent applications and securing patents for pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, biologics and medical devices including formulation, delivery and combinatorial technologies
- providing counsel on patent issues relating to product and technology development including analysis of patent coverage and infringement issues.