Ms. Cline’s recent general commercial litigation experience includes:
- obtaining a complete defense award, and prevailing in part on counterclaims, in an arbitration between a pharmaceutical manufacturer and its licensee regarding the interpretation of the license agreement
- obtaining a complete defense verdict in a bench trial of a dispute between two plastics manufacturers regarding the interpretation of an asset purchase agreement
- obtaining a complete defense award in a FINRA arbitration on behalf of a broker-dealer sued by an investor
- successfully arbitrating a contract claim on behalf of a manufacturer of safety valves, obtaining a de minimis judgment in the face of a $40 million claim
- trying to a jury verdict an implied contract case regarding software development (case settled favorably post-verdict)
- winning summary judgment for a security software company accused of securities violations by a former employee.
Delaware Court of Chancery
In the Delaware Court of Chancery, Ms. Cline’s experience includes:
- disputes regarding interpretations of asset purchase agreements and stock purchase agreements and related indemnification claims against escrow
- claims regarding fiduciary duties owed by directors of corporations and members of LLCs
- demands for inspection of corporate books and records
- stockholder challenges to corporate mergers, involving claims that disclosures were inadequate.
Examples of Ms. Cline’s RICO experience are:
- winning a motion to dismiss RICO claims filed against a medical device manufacturer (6th Circuit)
- winning summary judgment in two separate RICO actions filed against an importer/distributor of craft products (3rd and 9th Circuits)
- defending an Internet company against a class action alleging RICO, cybersquatting and other claims asserted with respect to the use of certain domain names (RICO claims were dismissed and class cert denied, leading to a successful settlement) (7th Circuit).
Ms. Cline’s antitrust experience includes:
- defending manufacturers in dealer termination arbitrations
- defending a glass manufacturer in defense of Sherman Act § 1 claims and related indirect purchaser actions
- conducting product market analyses in connection with Sherman Act claims and mergers
- providing antitrust monitoring to trade associations.