Pepper Hamilton is sponsoring iGlobal Forum's Mergers & Acquisitions Investing Summit 2013, to be held on February 13, 2013 in New York City. Global market conditions are ripe for M&A—cash continues to accumulate on corporate balance sheets, valuations are more reasonable, and private equity firms are looking at a backlog of exits. The one-day summit will provide a panoramic overview of the global M&A landscape along with a glimpse into what’s on the horizon for 2013 and beyond. It will provide the perfect platform needed by corporate and private equity investors, hedge funds, investment bankers, lenders and asset managers to meet face-to-face and get deals done.
Pepper partner James D. Rosener will chair the event and provide opening remarks.
Pepper partner Valérie Demont will moderate the panel, "Assessing M&A Opportunities Arcross the Globe in 2013." Discussion will include:
- understanding the market drivers of mergers and acquisitions in 2013 and beyond
- current market conditions for capital raising and funding along with projections for the coming year
- how is business confidence in global economic conditions—or lack thereof—affecting M&A activity
- fiscal cliff fallout: changes in spending & tax policies and their likely impact on M&A
- mega-mergers, hostile takeovers, leveraged buyouts and other noteworthy deals: what’s on the radar
- cross-border transactions: where in the world are the most compelling M&A opportunities.
Mr. Rosener also will moderate the panel, "Dealbreakers That Can Derail Your Deal: What to Watch Out For." Discussion will include:
- what’s delaying deals or causing them to be abandoned in the current market environment
- dealbreakers: disagreement on valuation, inability to secure financing and/or unfavorable leverage conditions
- impact of regulatory issues including tax policies, SEC rules, antitrust and financial reform legislation
- economic, political, legal, financial and other risks that can dismantle your deal
- keeping deals alive…or knowing when to walk away.
For more information and to register, visit http://www.iglobalforum.com/event.php?id=81.