Tuesday, October 21, 2014
5:30 PM Registration | 6:00 PM Program
Cocktail reception to follow.
19th Floor, High Street Tower
125 High Street
Boston, MA 02110-2736
Pepper partners Steven D. Bortnick and Gregory J. Nowak will be presenting at the Financial Executives Alliance Boston PE/VC Networking Group Quarterly Meeting.
Mr. Bortnick and Mr. Nowak will discuss:
- Non Tax Topics
- Pay to Play-election year politics, the courts and the SEC
- Uses of Form PF
- Rule 506 (b) or (c)
- JOBS Act-how big of a long term threat to private funds
- Money market fund reform-what does it mean for idle cash.
- What to Expect in a Presence Exam
- Check your ADV-say what you mean and do what you say
- Make sure disclosure docs are current
- Is the shrink wrap off of your compliance and policy manual
- Scrutiny on expenses and allocations-focus on operating partners
- Zombie advisers and funds
- Carry Legislation
- Learn about the latest proposals to tax carried interests as ordinary income.
This event is for CFOs, CCOs and COOs of private equity and venture capital firms. For more information contact Karyn Walsh at email@example.com or 617.478.5188.