Abigail A. Hazlett, a partner in the White Collar Litigation and Investigations Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton, will be speaking at the American Conference Institute's 18th Annual Conference on Fraud and Abuse taking place in Boston, MA on March 5–8, 2018. Ms. Hazlett will be presenting on the panel titled "Developments with the False Claims Act (FCA) Law and What Has Been the Practical Effect of the Escobar Decision" on March 6 at 9:45–10:45 AM.
- Kenneth M. Abell, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Chief, Civil Health Care Fraud, U.S. Attorney’s Office Eastern District of NY
- Michele L. Adelman, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Abigail A. Hazlett, Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Marc Larkins, Senior Counsel, Johnson & Johnson
The panel will discuss:
- Continued development of FCA law in the wake of the Escobar decision, including important recent decisions fleshing out the materiality concept
- Analysis of the recent cases applying the decision – how have courts interpreted materiality requirement?
- Recent trends indicating a broader reach of the FCA
- Different types of relators (e.g., competitors as relators)
- Broader base of defendants (e.g., health records vendors).
Omni Parker House Boston
60 School Street
Boston, MA 02108
Conference & Both Workshops: $3,295