Pepper Hamilton partner Thomas M. Gallagher will present at the American Conference Institute (ACI)'s Advanced Summit on White Collar Litigation being held in New York on January 22-24, 2013. Mr. Gallagher will speak on the panel, "Inside the Broadened Use of the False Claims Act: Analyzing Recent Cases and Settlements, Federal and State Enforcement Priorities and Their Impact on the Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Sector."
Topics to be covered include:
- recent cases and settlements in the health care and pharma industries
- how is/will Obamacare impact enforcement in the industry
- OIG issues
- trends in enforcement:
- good manufacturing practices violations
- off label uses
- billing fraud
- dealing with the increased prospect of whistleblowers and qui tam cases in a post Dodd-Frank world
- identifying the risk of and preventing overpayments from turning into False Claims Act violations
- developing supporting documentation and creating defensible positions for contractual financial arrangements.
For more information, visit http://americanconference.com/WhiteCollar.