David Richman Presenting at PBI's Hot Topics in Capital Cases Seminar - November 16, 2012
Friday, November 16, 2012
Pepper partner David Richman will be on the faculty for the Pennsylvania Business Institute's annual event for capital case litigators, "Hot Topics in Capital Cases." Mr. Richman's session is titled "Ethical Quandaries for Capital Case Litigators."
On November 16, join prosecutors, defense attorneys and judges on cutting edge issues as they discuss:
During a prosecutor’s roundtable, learn about the death review process in Pennsylvania’s county trial courts. Also debate the ethical issues surrounding an attorney’s disclosure of a plea offer to a client in a capital case.
- the most critical capital case law in federal and state courts
- mental retardation in capital case defendants
- aggravating factors in jury instructions
- recurring evidence issues
- cognitive bias as it relates to forensics
- ethical quandaries for the capital case litigator.
For more information, visit http://www.legalspan.com/pbi/calendar.asp?UGUID=&ItemID=20120806-229194-103953.