Thomas M. Gallagher Presenting at ACI's Advanced Summit on White Collar Litigation - January 22-24, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Pepper Hamilton partner Thomas M. Gallagher will present at the American Conference Institute (ACI)'s Advanced Summit on White Collar Litigation being held in New York on January 22-24, 2013. Mr. Gallagher will speak on the panel, "Inside the Broadened Use of the False Claims Act: Analyzing Recent Cases and Settlements, Federal and State Enforcement Priorities and Their Impact on the Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Sector."
Topics to be covered include:
For more information, visit http://americanconference.com/WhiteCollar.
- recent cases and settlements in the health care and pharma industries
- how is/will Obamacare impact enforcement in the industry
- OIG issues
- trends in enforcement:
- good manufacturing practices violations
- off label uses
- billing fraud
- dealing with the increased prospect of whistleblowers and qui tam cases in a post Dodd-Frank world
- identifying the risk of and preventing overpayments from turning into False Claims Act violations
- developing supporting documentation and creating defensible positions for contractual financial arrangements.