Intellectual Property Coordinator
Pepper Hamilton's Berwyn office has an opening for a full-time Intellectual Property Coordinator.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- the preparation of patent forms for filing with the USPTO
- docketed mail matching with physical files, attention to location of the physical files and preparation of draft correspondence based on mail received for paralegal examination
- patent prosecution experience
- prepare IDS (including review for foreign compliance and handling of co-pending applications)
- experience/ability to compile documents for national phase entry based on an international application (PCT)
- maintain IP portfolio and monthly status reports
- review and maintain dockets
- work closely with attorneys and paralegals who will provide active mentoring and supervision
- assist with departmental projects, as needed.
Qualifications: Three to five years’ experience as an Intellectual Property coordinator; proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including, but not limited to Word (styles, macros, tables); advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel; good working knowledge of a PC/Windows based environment and CPI. Excellent organizational and communication skills; patent prosecution and IP litigation experience are required to assume responsibility in an active and diverse Intellectual Property department; patent knowledge and an understanding of IP terminology, and USPTO laws required; pay close attention to detail, use sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills; ability to transcribe and edit legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation, or transcription; ability to review all work product for accuracy, grammatical, typographical, or spelling errors; ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and use sound judgment in decision-making to adequately and efficiently meet all deadlines; ability to take initiative in handling projects and anticipate what needs to be done; ability to understand and follow specific and detailed instructions.
Pepper Hamilton LLP takes very seriously our commitment, and that of our clients, to diversity and inclusion. Pepper is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value and encourage qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, union affiliation, disability, or any other protected status under applicable law. We strive to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continually promote opportunities for all.
Amy Y. Coral
400 Berwyn Park
899 Cassatt Road
Berwyn, PA 19312-1183