Pepper Hamilton LLP’s Food and Beverage Industry Practice Group brings together more than 40 lawyers, from many of the firm’s substantive practice areas, to work together on behalf of clients in this industry, including food producers and processors, food equipment manufacturers, restaurants and “fast food” outlets, convenience stores, supermarkets, franchisors and franchisees, food safety companies, and industry trade associations.
Matters we handle for these entities encompass substantially all aspects of the food and beverage industry, including agriculture, food manufacturing and distribution, supply and distribution, food safety, damage recovery, logistics, and equipment manufacturing, to name a few.
This cross-disciplinary group handles a wide spectrum of work for the food and beverage industry, including:
- corporate and finance issues including public and private securities, tax issues, bankruptcy, reorganization, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, initial public offerings, private placements, and debt service
- general corporate work, including agreements for distribution, supply, commercial contracts, and joint ventures
- real estate matters, including contract negotiation
- franchise issues
- worldwide distribution
- litigation, encompassing employment, patent, product liability, personal injury claims, and general commercial issues
- employment matters, labor relations and employee benefits
- intellectual property licensing, patent prosecution, trademarks, and other brand protection
- environmental compliance and permitting issues, including Superfund sites
- consumer regulatory issues, including food/ingredient safety concerns, OSHA and other food-manufacturing issues, issues related to FSMA and product recalls, and labeling and marketing practices
- antitrust issues
- government investigations and start-up approvals
- family/succession planning and estate planning.