We advise clients regarding the applicability of the rule, its evolution into its final form and its implications. Select current and past engagements include:
- advising international manufacturing companies on SEC reporting obligations under the conflict minerals rule
- advising the U.S. operation of a large international manufacturer on the applicability of the conflict minerals rule provisions to various product lines and the diligence process
- advising a large metals producer on the diligence process and compliance issues with regard to specific products
- advising a metals importer on the conflict mineral rule’s implications under differing supply chain scenarios
- advising a gold industry participant on the scope of key terms in the conflict minerals rule
- advising retailers on coverage of the “contract to manufacture” provision of the conflict minerals rule
- advising biotech companies on the applicability of the conflict minerals rule on equipment they have contract manufactured that is provided to hospitals for clinical trials.