With a strong, stable and dynamic economy, world-class infrastructure, human and natural resources, and leading-edge research and development capabilities, Canada represents a significant opportunity for U.S. businesses and investors. Pepper Hamilton represents major national and multinational companies, emerging businesses and entrepreneurs in connection with numerous Canadian transactions and related matters. Our Canadian Practice Group is devoted to serving U.S. clients investing in Canada, as well as Canadian clients investing or doing business in the United States.
Our services include:
- mergers and acquisitions (public and private), plans of arrangement, exchangeable share transactions, tender offers, joint ventures, tower structures and corporate reorganizations and restructurings
- private and public securities offerings and capital markets transactions, including offerings subject to the Multi-Jurisdictional Disclosure System (MJDS)
- U.S. securities regulation and ongoing compliance and filing requirements for Canadian entities subject to SEC and other reporting requirements in the United States
- dispute resolution (including litigation and arbitration)
- intellectual property registrations, licensing agreements, trade secret and counterfeiting protection, and other technology transfers
- financing arrangements, including secured and unsecured credit agreements and loan trades (distressed and undistressed)
- sales of goods and services and export/import regulation and compliance
- real estate acquisitions and leases, employment contracts, benefits and labor relations
- fund formation, broker-dealer and tax advice
- issues related to clean technology, sustainability, and environmental health and safety, and
- many other matters using our platform of national services.
In each of our practice areas, Pepper has partners with well-established expertise in the efficient execution of cross-border transactions, along with an in-depth knowledge of the similarities and differences in U.S. and Canadian laws. We therefore can help our clients navigate the vast range of cross-border opportunities and quickly resolve any problems if they happen to arise.