Director of Administration
400 Berwyn Park
899 Cassatt Road
Services provided by lawyers in our Berwyn office include corporate, securities, commercial litigation, intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, estates and trusts, international, labor and employment, litigation, real estate and tax law. Opened in 1984 to serve the entrepreneurial businesses that were developing in the high-technology corridor west of Philadelphia, the office now has more than 40 lawyers who work with clients in a range of industries throughout the world.
Pepper’s Berwyn lawyers are very familiar with the changing needs of growing businesses. Our corporate and securities lawyers assist clients in structuring a business, obtaining capital, merging with or acquiring other businesses, and, if it’s in the company’s plans, eventually going public. As the company grows, our labor and employment lawyers help prevent and resolve problems with its workforce (our labor and employment practice is the largest of any firm in the Chester County suburbs). The company may need real estate advice as it continues to expand. Our tax and trusts and estates lawyers help preserve the earnings of the company, its officers and owners. And should the growth of business result in disputes, our litigators stand ready to protect our client’s interests.
In many ways, Pepper’s Berwyn office offers clients the best of two worlds. It has all the benefits of a regional law firm office - the collegiality of a close team of professionals and a convenient location for local clients, for example - and access to the resources of a large, sophisticated firm with a national and international practice. Our Berwyn lawyers regularly team with their colleagues in other offices to resolve client problems. Should a client need advice on an environmental issue, for example, we can quickly and efficiently get the answer - without going outside the firm. Or, if a client needs intellectual property protection, our IP group can be added to the client team. In Pepper's culture of teamwork and interdependence, such collaboration is second nature.
Pepper’s Berwyn lawyers have recently represented:
- a leading Internet commerce software company in its $60 million initial public offering and a $308 million secondary offering
- a start-up fiber optic technology company in strategic alliances and private and venture round financings
- a Fortune 100 company in responding to threats of violence by a disgruntled former employee; working with a forensic psychologist and other professionals, we helped obtain treatment for the former employee and enhance security measures and policies at the client’s facilities
- a privately held venture-backed U.S. plastics manufacturer in a $25 million acquisition of a German competitor
- a French-based defense electronics business in various U.S. acquisitions and joint ventures
- a corporate client in persuading employees to reject a nationwide union organizing drive; the union’s campaign included extensive use of a Web site and e-mails sent to targeted employees
- a prescription pharmaceutical telemarketing company in its acquisition by a New York-based health care marketing/communications company
- numerous businesses in many industries in developing drug testing and substance abuse policies for the workforce
- employers in successful defense against sex, age, disability and race discrimination lawsuits
- a major lending institution in the workout and restructuring of ownership and financing of an 800-acre suburban Philadelphia residential and commercial mixed-use development.
Berwyn Update - Vol. 2012, Issue 3
Berwyn Update - Vol. 2012, Issue 2
Berwyn Update - Vol. 2012, Issue 1
Berwyn Update - Vol. 2011, Issue 3
Berwyn Update - Second Quarter 2011
Berwyn Update - Third Quarter 2010
Berwyn Update - Second Quarter 2010
Click here for a list of our
Click here for a list of our other
Click here for a list of our
Click here for a list of staff openings in
Click here for our attorney openings.