Kristin A. LaRosa is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the New York and Princeton offices. Ms. LaRosa represents employers in the defense of claims involving workplace discrimination, harassment and retaliation, wage and hour disputes, family and medical leaves, and workplace torts. She also handles the prosecution and defense of disputes regarding covenants not to compete and misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets. Ms. LaRosa represents and counsels employers on human resource issues including discipline, performance and termination issues. In addition, she advises and represents companies on independent contractor compliance and is a member of the firm’s Independent Contractor Compliance Practice Group.
While attending law school, Ms. LaRosa also worked as an employment law paralegal in the general counsel’s office of a big four accounting firm. She continues to provide legal assistance, representation and counseling for victims of domestic abuse on a pro bono basis.
Ms. LaRosa’s publications include:
- “Textual Harassment Could CRE8 Liability for Employers,” Westlaw Journal Employment, February 20, 2013
- “A Good Smartphone Policy Covers Textual Harassment and More,” The HR Specialist, Pennsylvania Employment Law, November 28, 2011
- “Factors to Take into Consideration When Drafting Electronic Communication Policies,” New Jersey Law Journal, September 13, 2010
- “Title III and the ADA: A Primer for Business Owners and Employers,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, December 2009
- “Managing Reductions in Force in Difficult Times,” New Jersey Law Journal, Employment & Immigration Law Section, March 2009
- “Internal Investigation Checklist” (co-author), Pro Bono Partnership, February 2009.