Harry P. (Hap) Weitzel is a partner in the Commercial Litigation Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the firm’s Orange County and Los Angeles offices.
Mr. Weitzel concentrates his practice on civil trials and arbitrations. He has successfully represented individual, corporate and governmental clients, as plaintiffs and defendants, in a wide variety of matters, including contract and business tort litigation, fiduciary litigation, ERISA litigation, malpractice, product liability, construction disputes, securities litigation, intellectual property disputes, employment litigation, trade secrets litigation, defamation suits, consumer class actions, franchise litigation, environmental litigation, insurance coverage disputes, real estate litigation, stock option litigation, and antitrust. Mr. Weitzel has tried cases in state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations under the AAA and ICC. He has handled appeals in state and federal courts.
Mr. Weitzel’s representative trials and arbitrations include representing:
- an individual in fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and legal malpractice dispute
- a company in fraud, breach of contract suit arising out of commercial development contract
- a law firm and individual lawyers in fraud, breach of contract suit arising out of contract to provide legal services
- a governmental body in breach of contract suit arising out of construction contract
- a chemical company in international breach of contract action arising out of construction contract
- a franchising company in fraud, breach of contract suit arising out of franchising contract
- an investment banking firm and individuals in fraud, breach of contract suit arising out of IPO
- a company in breach of contract suit arising out of maintenance contract
- a company in fraud, breach of contract suit arising out of construction contract
- a governmental body in breach of contract suit arising out of property contract
- a company in fraud, breach of contract suit arising out of corporate spin-off.
Prior to joining Pepper, Mr. Weitzel practiced with firms in California and Texas.
Mr. Weitzel has been active in the community and the bar, serving on the boards of trustees of nonprofit organizations, as a fellow in various bar foundations and as a member of the American Inns of Court. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America and he was selected for inclusion on the 2012-13 Southern California Super Lawyers list.
Mr. Weitzel is admitted in California and Texas, and before the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of California, the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.