John Henry Schanne, II
John Henry Schanne, II is an associate with Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Wilmington office. Mr. Schanne concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate restructuring and bankruptcy. Mr. Schanne has represented corporate debtors, creditors’ committees, post-confirmation trusts, and individual secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court workouts, and represented parties in bankruptcy-related litigation.
Representative cases in which Mr. Schanne has participated include:
Mr. Schanne received his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, where he was president of the Student Bar Association and a member of the Moot Court Board. Mr. Schanne received his undergraduate degree from Rutgers University.
- debtor co-counsel in Monitor Company Group Limited Partnership
- debtor counsel in Capitol Infrastructure, LLC
- debtor counsel in Nassau Broadcasting Partners, L.P.
- committee / liquidating trust counsel in Syntax-Brillian Corporation
- special counsel to chapter 11 trustee in MF Global Holdings Ltd.
- committee counsel in Colonnade Property, LLC
- counsel to chapter 11 trustee / plan administrator in Yorktown Funding, Inc.
- debtor / liquidating trust co-counsel in Delta Financial Corporation
- debtor co-counsel in Holley Performance Products, Inc.
- committee / creditors’ trust counsel in American LaFrance, LLC
- committee co-counsel in Washington Mutual, Inc.
- debtor co-counsel in Electroglas, Inc.
- counsel to assignee in NextIO, Inc. (assignment for the benefit of creditors proceeding)
- committee / creditors’ trust counsel in GWLS Holdings, Inc.
- debtor co-counsel in CHL, Ltd.
- committee / liquidating trust co-counsel in Pacific Energy Resources Ltd.
- debtor counsel in PPI Holdings, Inc.
- committee / plan administrator co-counsel in RathGibson, Inc.
- committee co-counsel in Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc.
- debtor / liquidating trust co-counsel in Nutritional Sourcing Corporation
- committee co-counsel in Delta Petroleum Corporation
- committee co-counsel in International Garden Products, Inc.
- official committee of lay employees counsel in Catholic Diocese of Wilmington, Inc.
- representation of secured lenders in multiple chapter 7, chapter 11 and chapter 13 proceedings
- representation of adversary defendants in multiple proceedings, including Champion Enterprises, Inc; Opus East, LLC; DHP Holdings II Corporation; SemCrude, LP; and Pitt Penn Holding Co., Inc.
- representation of commercial landlords in multiple chapter 11 proceedings, including Big M Inc. and Ritz Camera & Image LLC.
Mr. Schanne is admitted to practice in Delaware and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
B.A. 2004, with honors, Rutgers University
J.D. 2008 Rutgers University School of Law
Admitted to practice in Delaware