Frank H. Griffin, IV
Frank H. Griffin, IV is an associate with Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Mr. Griffin is a member of the Commercial Litigation and International and Domestic Arbitration practice groups. He has represented clients in disputes before federal and state courts, as well as in domestic and international arbitrations. Mr. Griffin has substantial experience in international dispute resolution and other complex commercial litigation, including class action defense, and disputes arising under the antitrust and securities laws. Mr. Griffin also has significant experience representing clients in the health care industry, including hospitals and health systems, medical device companies and pharmaceutical companies. Some of Mr. Griffin’s representative engagements include:
International Dispute Resolution
Health Care Litigation
- representation of a petroleum exploration company’s dispute with the Kingdom of Jordan before the International Centre for Investment Disputes
- representation of party to real estate joint venture in first major arbitration (ongoing) to be heard by the New Delhi Branch of the London Court of International Arbitration
- representation of a telecommunications company in dispute arising out of its acquisition of a Saudi Arabian network
- representation of a semiconductor company in dispute regarding the bankruptcy of a German supplier which reached the courts of the United States, Germany and Singapore
- representation of a French chemical company in judgment enforcement proceedings in the United States.
Other Complex Commercial Litigation
- representation of a hospital in class actions out of claims of physician misconduct
- representation of a hospital in an antitrust dispute filed by a competing hospital
- representation of a medical device company in a derivative action brought by a company shareholder
- representation of a medical device company in an indemnity dispute with one of its suppliers
- representation of a hospital with respect to malicious prosecution claims brought by a former employee
- representation of a major pharmaceutical company in derivative securities fraud actions brought by company shareholders.
Prior to joining Pepper, Mr. Griffin was an associate with Steptoe & Johnson LLP in Washington, D.C., where he was as a member of the Commercial Litigation and Worldwide Dispute Resolution practice groups.
- representation of a financial institution in bankruptcy litigation following discovery of multimillion dollar Ponzi scheme conducted by institutional customer
- representation of a national tax preparer in class action asserting antitrust and statutory claims
- representation of an international foot care provider in breach of contract action brought by licensor of a former subsidiary
- representation of an international agricultural products company in securities fraud litigation brought by former owner of a subsidiary
- representation of a major information technology company in contractual dispute with the Federal Reserve Bank.
B.S. 1997 Washington and Lee University
J.D. 2002, high honors, George Washington University Law School; senior associate, The George Washington Law Review
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, Virginia and the District of Columbia