Evan W. Davis is an associate in the Commercial Litigation Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Mr. Davis concentrates his practice on antitrust/competition matters and other complex civil litigation, including defense of class action and multi-district litigation.
Mr. Davis’ antitrust experience includes:
Mr. Davis’ other litigation experience includes defending:
- defending a Fortune 500 company in a nationwide, multi-defendant class action seeking treble damages for alleged price fixing in foreign and domestic markets
- defending a baby products manufacturer in a series of cases alleging Sherman Act violations based on allegations of vertical resale price maintenance agreements
- defending a large dairy processor against litigation brought by the Department of Justice seeking to unwind the client’s consummated acquisition of two fluid milk plants
- defending a client facing “sham litigation” counterclaims related to the client’s commencement of patent infringement proceedings
- representing a pharmacy benefits manager in obtaining antitrust clearance by the Federal Trade Commission for its merger with another PBM
- representing multiple companies in responding to subpoenas issued by the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission.
Mr. Davis is a co-author of “It’s a Jungle Out There: Animal Science Ruling Highlights Need for Strict Application of Twombly to Claims Subject to FTAIA,” BNA Antitrust & Trade Regulation Report, December 2, 2011.
- pharmaceutical manufacturers in both products liability and consumer fraud actions
- a client in corresponding federal and state litigation related to alleged environmental contamination
- a pharmacy benefits manager in a putative class action lawsuit alleging breach of contract related to alleged overpayments for a prescription drug
- a steel company in a breach of contract action related to the client’s alleged non-performance.
Before joining Pepper, Mr. Davis was an associate with Dechert LLP from 2007 through 2012, where he was a member of the Litigation Department and the Antitrust/Competition Practice Group.
Mr. Davis is a member of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey bars. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the District of New Jersey, the Eastern District of Wisconsin, and the Western District of Michigan, as well as the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third and Sixth Circuits.