Cary S. Levinson is a partner with Pepper Hamilton LLP. Mr. Levinson is past co-chairman of the firm’s Commercial Department and a former member of its Executive Committee. He concentrates in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and acquisition financing.
Mr. Levinson has represented U.S. and foreign companies in transactions overseas and domestic and foreign companies in transactions in the United States, including an automobile manufacturer, a producer of aluminum extrusions, several companies involved in the production of foods and food ingredients, U.S. airlines (with respect to the purchase and lease of aircraft), foreign flag airlines (with respect to the lease of aircraft in the United States and with respect to bilateral negotiations involving the United States) and a number of enterprises involved in processing agricultural products. He has assisted the structuring, documenting and completing of transactions involving project financing. He serves as a director of several of our client companies and has published on the subject of U.S. joint ventures.
Representative transactions in which Mr. Levinson has participated include:
Mr. Levinson graduated from Temple University, where he earned a B.S. with honors in 1964. He earned his J.D. from Villanova University School of Law in 1967, and his LL.M. in taxation from New York University School of Law in 1971. Mr. Levinson teaches business planning (the blending of tax and business concepts in structuring transactions) at the graduate tax program of Villanova University School of Law and at Temple University School of Law.
- purchase and expansion of automobile manufacturing facility by large European automobile producer
- purchase of largest U.S. aluminum extrusion facility
- purchase by multi-national brewers’ malt producer of U.S. malt producer
- negotiation of sale of agro products to Mexican brewer
- negotiation and documentation of Netherlands joint venture among U.S., German, and U.K. advertising agencies
- purchase by Australian wheat gluten producer of ethanol production facility in Iowa
- purchase by French company of agricultural processing business located in Scotland
- auction of Fleischmann Yeast subsidiary of Nabisco; represented purchaser
- counsel two flag carriers with respect to alternative approaches to bilateral service agreement proposed by the United States to the country of their residence (including responses to the "open skies" provisions)
- purchase and lease and alternative financing (involving export financing as well as other government and private financing) of commercial jet aircraft for U.S. and South American air carriers, using government-assisted and private project financing
- lease financing of large road-building and earth-moving equipment for client road builder and quarrying company
- cross-border lease financing, including defeased leases.