Stephen M. Nicolai is an associate in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Mr. Nicolai concentrates his practice in merger and acquisition transactions, private equity, private and public offerings, and securities law compliance matters. Mr. Nicolai has experience in the acquisition and disposition of public and private companies, as well as public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. He also counsels senior management and boards of directors of companies on governance, disclosure and transaction matters.
In his transactional practice, Mr. Nicolai has represented:
While at West Chester University of Pennsylvania, Mr. Nicolai was a member of the Honors College and was elected to the Pi Sigma Alpha honors fraternity.
- a privately held provider of fuel charge cards and fleet management information services in its $369 million sale to a publicly traded financial services company
- a publicly traded operator of casinos and racetracks in its tax-free spin-off of its real-estate holdings into a newly-formed real estate investment trust
- a privately held company in its $177.5 million sale of a group of industrial and chemical businesses to a private equity firm
- a California-based privately held insurance brokerage and consulting firm in several acquisitions of regional insurance agencies
- a privately held bankruptcy servicing solutions company in its $140 million sale to a private equity firm
- a privately held software company in its $155 million sale to a publicly traded software company
- a privately held cosmetics company in its $67.2 million sale to a foreign private equity firm
- a private equity firm in its $50 million acquisition of a technology/telecommunications consulting company
- a private equity firm in its $47 million acquisition of a privately held plumbing supply company
- a producer of high performance thermoplastic polyurethane film and sheet in its $28 million acquisition of a privately held manufacturer of thermoplastic polyurethane film and sheet In his securities practice, Mr. Nicolai has represented:
- a publicly traded manufacturer of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components in its $150 million public offering of convertible senior debentures
- a publicly traded clinical stage pharmaceutical company in its $92.4 million underwritten offering of common stock
- a publicly traded clinical stage pharmaceutical company in its $15 million private placement of equity securities
- a publicly traded clinical stage pharmaceutical company in its $40 million at-the-market offering of common stock
- several public companies with respect to corporate governance and securities law compliance.
While in law school, Mr. Nicolai served as the managing editor of operations for the Villanova Law Review and as a judicial extern to the Hon. John T.J. Kelly, Jr. of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. He also received the Dorothy Day Pro Bono Service Award and was elected to the Order of the Coif.