Andrea E. Hayden is an associate in the Environment and Energy Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Detroit office, and also is a member of the firm’s Sustainability, CleanTech and Climate Change Team. Ms. Hayden’s practice focuses on counseling clients on permitting and regulatory compliance issues at the federal, state and local level, including Clean Air Act, RCRA, TSCA and Clean Water Act matters. She also defends companies in cost recovery actions under CERCLA brought by federal and state governments as well as private parties.
Representative engagements in which Ms. Hayden has been involved include:
Ms. Hayden was selected for inclusion on the 2013 Michigan Rising Stars list. Prior to joining Pepper, Ms. Hayden practiced with Fausone Bohn, LLP in Northville, MI, and as an environmental engineer with Conestoga-Rovers & Associates in Plymouth, MI.
- responding to information requests involving the Clean Air Act, TSCA, RCRA and state law counterparts
- representing clients in self-implementing cleanups, in obtaining air and water permits, and providing general regulatory advice
- representing a utility company in a private cost recovery action under CERCLA
- negotiating enforcement settlements with state and federal agencies involving CERCLA, RCRA and Michigan’s Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act
- counseling corporations in environmental due diligence matters in real estate and corporate transactions.
Ms. Hayden is a LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional.
Ms. Hayden is a member of the Michigan bar and serves on the board of directors for the East Michigan Chapter of the Air and Waste Management Association.