William Gibson is an associate in the Commercial Litigation Practice Group with Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Princeton office. He has represented companies and individuals in a wide variety of civil matters, white collar criminal matters and corporate investigations.
On the civil side, Mr. Gibson has represented life sciences companies involved in contractual disputes related to the commercialization of pharmaceutical products and devices, companies and individuals accused of securities fraud and breaches of their fiduciary duties, and other civil litigation, including employment and benefits disputes, in both state and federal court.
Mr. Gibson’s practice also has included counseling companies on compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.S. sanctions laws. He has conducted internal investigations of potential violations in Asia, Europe and the Middle East, and has assisted clients in developing comprehensive worldwide anti-corruption and compliance programs. He also has represented foreign individuals in complex antitrust investigations and has conducted investigations into data breach incidents. Mr. Gibson also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Mr. Gibson’s representative matters include:
- representation of a major pharmaceutical company in a federal criminal and civil investigation regarding manufacturing practices
- defending a privately owned pharmaceutical company against shareholder and employment claims brought by its founder
- representation of senior executives in two antitrust investigations of automotive parts manufacturers
- representing large privately held pharmaceutical company in an arbitration arising out of a billion-dollar co-promotion agreement
- defending a New Jersey hospital in an alleged disability discrimination class action in New Jersey federal court
- investigation of inadvertent release of sensitive data by two universities
- representation of a major software company in investigations of possible FCPA violations in China and the Middle East
- representation of a telecommunications executive in federal criminal investigation of FCPA violations in central Europe
- defending a major pharmaceutical company in an arbitration proceedings arising out of joint ventures for the commercialization of biological products
- defending a chemical manufacturer and its private pension plan in two separate class actions in the U.S. District Courts for the District of New Jersey and the Western District of Kentucky
- defending a family of mutual funds in a Commodity Exchange Act class action arising out of the alleged manipulation of the futures market
- representation of a commercial printer in a contractual dispute with an equipment vendor
- defending retailers and product manufacturers product liability actions
- pro bono representation of low-income Ohio residents challenging the state’s compliance with federal voting rights laws
- pro bono representation of New Jersey disability rights organization in federal litigation challenging the state’s compliance with anti-discrimination laws.