Yulia C. Weisberg
Yulia (Julia) C. Weisberg is an associate in the Health Effects Practice Group with Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Ms. Weisberg concentrates her practice on the defense of pharmaceutical companies against product liability claims and advising pharmaceutical clients on risk mitigation and disclosure strategies.
Ms. Weisberg’s experience includes:
Ms. Weisberg is a member of the firm’s Landlord Tenant Pro Bono Program and served for two years as a member of the firm’s Summer Associates Committee.
- defending pharmaceutical companies against personal injury and wrongful death product liability claims in jurisdictions across the country, including actions brought in both state and federal courts, as well as actions pending in federal multidistrict litigation
- counseling pharmaceutical clients in preparing scientific and regulatory disclosures, risk mitigation for new products, and strategy for litigation, mediation and settlement
- taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions
- preparing senior company employees and expert witnesses for deposition
- drafting complex discovery and dispositive motions, including scope of discoverable Electronically Stored Information, preemption, and admissibility of expert testimony
- preparing and negotiating case management orders and drafting documents related to formation of multidistrict litigation
- drafting and negotiating multi-plaintiff inventory settlement agreements.
While in law school, Ms. Weisberg was a summer clerk at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
B.A. 2006 The Pennsylvania State University
J.D. 2009 Temple University School of Law
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania