William R. Wagner is a partner in the Financial Services Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the New York office.
Mr. Wagner focuses his practice on complex international and domestic loan workouts, financial restructurings and distressed investments. He has extensive secured and unsecured bank financing experience, including real estate, aircraft, sports lending, acquisition finance, leasing, securitization, structured finance, swaps and derivatives.
Mr. Wagner also represents investment and commercial banks, asset managers, funds and other strategic investors in trades of distressed and par-value loan obligations. He has extensive experience in both foreign and domestic trading markets ranging from individual loan trades to complex portfolio acquisitions and sales.
Mr. Wagner’s publications and speaking engagements include:
- “Cross-Border Insolvency: Chapter 11 and Chapter 15,” Wertpapier-Mitteilungen Seminar, speaker, Frankfurt (2008 and 2006)
- “Cross-Border Trading Issues: Distressed Transactions,” Wertpapier-Mitteilungen Seminar, speaker, Frankfurt (2007)
- “Hedge Funds, Claims Trading and the Changing Dynamics of Chapter 11,” Zaretsky Roundtable, Brooklyn Law School, panelist, New York (2007)
- “New Changes in the US Bankruptcy Laws: What to Look Out For!” IIR Distressed Debt Conference, panelist, London (2006)
- “Distressed to Recovery: A Look at the Restructuring Process,” The Handbook of Loan Syndications & Trading, LSTA / McGraw Hill (September, 2006)
- “The Impact of the Bankruptcy Amendments on the Secondary Loan Market,” LSTA Annual Conference, panelist, New York (2005).
Mr. Wagner has been an active member of the Loan Syndications and Trading Association (LSTA) since its inception in 1995 and has participated in various LSTA committees, including the Forms and Documentation Committee.