Jason C. Spang is an associate in the Construction Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Mr. Spang focuses his practice on construction-related matters.
Mr. Spang has assisted in:
Mr. Spang was a summer associate with Pepper in 2006, and joined the firm as an associate in 2007.
- arbitration between an EPC contractor and major equipment supplier related to the construction of an electric generating station
- defending a general contractor in litigation with a subcontractor on a public works project
- counseling an engineering firm on delay and damage issues related to an urban infrastructure project
- defending against consumer fraud and false claims suits brought by a State Attorney General
- defending a pharmaceutical company against personal injury and wrongful death product liability claims in multidistrict litigation, including taking depositions, discovery motions and dispositive motions
- preparing responses to a Congressional inquiry related to a pharmaceutical company’s marketing practices
- counseling a component-part manufacturer on personal injury and wrongful death liability when the component was installed in a defective assembly
- a government investigation into the promotional activities of a pharmaceutical company.
Prior to receiving his law degree, Mr. Spang held various roles in the construction industry, working for a general contractor, a construction manager and for a consulting firm. He holds a professional engineering license in the State of New Jersey and is a U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Accredited Professional.
Mr. Spang is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.