Sara B. Richman is an associate in the Commercial Litigation Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office.
Ms. Richman represents both institutions and individuals in complex commercial litigation matters and white collar criminal matters, with a particular focus on the health care and insurance industries. She has significant courtroom experience, including trials in both federal and state court, arbitrations, and administrative hearings. Ms. Richman also has extensive experience conducting internal investigations and representing clients in government investigations.
Ms. Richman’s representative engagements include:
Ms. Richman has been active in the University of Pennsylvania Inn of Court and the Philadelphia Women’s White Collar Group. She serves on the board of directors of the Parent-Infant Center, a non-profit institution providing early childhood education.
- representing a multinational health care analytics company as a defendant and counterclaim plaintiff in litigation involving claims of antitrust violations, misappropriation of trade secrets, and tortious interference with employment contracts
- defending a large hospital system against claims made under the Fair Labor Standards Act, ERISA, and RICO
- defending a health care analytics company against allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and misappropriation of trade secrets
- representing health care providers in responding to Medicare (ZPIC) audits
- defending one of the nation’s largest insurance companies against allegations of bad faith, breach of contract, and violation of consumer protection laws in numerous cases
- conducting an internal investigation of a public school system’s procurement practices
- representing medical professionals in an investigation involving allegations of fraudulent billing practices and subpar patient care
- representing a corporation and an individual in a federal investigation of Medicare fraud
- investigating allegations of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) fraud and counseling companies regarding compliance with DBE regulations
- counseling a health care facility regarding Medicaid compliance
- conducting an internal investigation for a furniture company regarding allegations of antitrust violations
- representing an employer whose employee had embezzled funds, counseling on both civil and criminal matters
- successfully appealing a sanctions order imposed on a law firm.