Deirdre E. McInerney
Deirdre E. McInerney is an associate with Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Ms. McInerney concentrates her practice in commercial litigation.
Ms. McInerney has assisted in a variety of complex litigation matters including:
Ms. McInerney is active in pro bono matters, including obtaining full benefits for a disabled veteran for service-related injuries. She has assisted multiple immigrants to the United States who were victims of domestic violence in obtaining legal permanent residence. In addition, Ms. McInerney is active in the firm’s pro bono practice group dedicated to assisting refugees and asylees in their pursuit of full U.S. citizenship and legal permanent resident status. Ms. McInerney is active in community and professional activities including the Temple American Inn of Court and the Rutgers Law Alumni Board. She serves as secretary to the Notre Dame Alumni Club of Philadelphia.
- defending a large actuarial firm in professional negligence claims
- defense of consumer product distributor in the face of claims by a spurned supplier for breach of contract, false advertising and Lanham Act claims
- representation of a manufacturer in connection with an antitrust investigation by the FTC
- defending employers before the EEOC, the PHRC, and in federal court against claims of discrimination on the basis of race, age, disability and national origin, claims of sexual harassment, and claims related to wage and hour violations
- achieving a no-payment settlement of 10b-5 claims asserted by three hedge funds that alleged that misrepresentations were made to them before they purchased blocks of stock from a major stockholder of the issuer
- achieving dismissal at the summary judgment stage of actions brought by a retailer and a distributor against a competitor, its president, and supplier and asserting claims of unfair competition and violations of the RICO statute and the Lanham Act
- participating in a jury trial as second chair in a matter brought by a bank against several individuals and a brokerage firm and asserting claims for fraud and violations of the RICO statute
- currently assisting in the representation of the second largest hospital system in Pittsburgh against its largest competitor in an antitrust matter alleging illegal monopolization.
Ms. McInerney is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey. She also is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
B.A. 2002, summa cum laude, University of Notre Dame; member, Phi Beta Kappa
J.D. 2005, high honors, Rutgers University School of Law; lead state constitutional law editor, Rutgers Law Journal
2005 - 2006 Law Clerk to Hon. Mary L. Cooper, District of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ)
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey