Michele C. Zarychta
Michele C. Zarychta is an associate with Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Philadelphia office. Ms. Zarychta concentrates her practice in commercial litigation, including securities, breach of contract, antitrust and health care related matters.
The following engagements are representative of Ms. Zarychta’s practice. She assisted with:
Ms. Zarychta has co-authored several articles. Her publications include:
- In re Discovery Laboratories Securities Litigation, No. 07-2080 (3d Cir.) – obtained affirmance of district court’s 2007 dismissal of federal securities class action complaint against Discovery Labs for allegedly misrepresenting the company’s ability to meet certain requirements for regulatory approval of Surfaxin in the United States and Europe
- In re Eli Lilly and Company Securities Litigation, No. 07-01310 (E.D.N.Y.) – obtained dismissal of federal securities class action complaint that Eli Lilly failed to disclose material safety and marketing information regarding its prescription medicine Zyprexa
- Borochoff v. GlaxoSmithKline PLC, No. 07-5574 (S.D.N.Y.) – obtaining the affirmance of the dismissal of a federal securities class action complaint alleging that GSK failed to disclose material information relating to the safety profile of its prescription medicine Avandia
- conducted an internal investigation of a broker-dealer regarding possible insider trading based on confidential information about the departure of a profitable trading desk
- defended a motor vehicle company against claims that its pricing policies violate federal antitrust laws
- defended a company in an arbitration proceeding against claims that it breached an asset and purchase agreement.
- “Still No Free Lunch: Recent Regulatory Initiatives to Protect Seniors from Fraud in the Sale of Investment Products” (co-author), Securities Regulation Law Journal (Winter 2013)
- “There’s No Such Thing as a Free Lunch: Recent Regulatory Initiatives Regarding Sales to Seniors” (co-author), Securities Regulation Law Journal (Winter 2008)
- “The Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements: The United States Joins the Judgment Enforcement Band” (co-author), 27 Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business 1 (2006).
J.D. 2005, magna cum laude, Villanova University School of Law; Managing Editor, Villanova Law Review; Order of the Coif
B.A. 2002 Pennsylvania State University; Phi Beta Kappa
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania