Adam B. Michaels is of counsel in the Health Effects Litigation Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the New York office. Mr. Michaels concentrates his practice in complex litigation, including product liability, general commercial and intellectual property disputes.
Mr. Michaels has represented and advised clients regarding a range of claims asserted before federal and state courts and arbitration panels, including breach of contract, RICO, consumer fraud, products liability, personal injury, and patent and trademark infringement claims.
Mr. Michaels’ experience includes representing:
- a major pharmaceutical company in a variety of matters, including attorney general claims and a multi-billion dollar class action brought by a nationwide class of purchasers in federal multi-district litigation
- pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer products companies in product liability actions in state and federal court
- a medical device company in a licensing dispute before an international arbitration panel
- a major consumer products company in design patent litigation involving the packaging of a well-known household product
- a variety of business clients in the prosecution and defense of trademark infringement claims.
Mr. Michaels graduated cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as an attorney with the Criminal Justice Clinic and was a member of the American Criminal Law Review.
Prior to joining Pepper Hamilton in 2005, Mr. Michaels was an associate at Goodwin Procter.