Solomon Hunter, Jr.
Solomon Hunter, Jr. is a partner in the Philadelphia office of Pepper Hamilton LLP. He is an experienced corporate lawyer with broad legal and management experience.
Mr. Hunter concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, start-up and venture capital financings, and private equity transactions. He has managed a range of major transactions for entities of a variety of types, sizes and stages of development, including acquisitions, dispositions, licensing arrangements, private placements, financing transactions, and corporate restructurings and reorganizations.
He has represented:
Mr. Hunter also represents investors in merger, acquisition and joint venture transactions involving publicly held and private companies, and advises clients on raising capital through private and public securities offerings.
- a publicly traded human and pet food company in its approximately $360 million disposition of substantially all of the assets of its national brand tuna business to a Korean conglomerate
- a manufacturer of food products in its $280 million asset disposition of selected food production lines which had to be separated from other businesses retained by the seller
- a multinational publicly traded insurance brokerage company in the disposition of one of its wholesale brokerage businesses to a portfolio company of Summitt Partners
- the U.S. subsidiary of a European based chemical company in its disposition of its alkylamine business to a Belgium based chemical company for approximately $20 million
- a pharmaceutical group purchasing organization in its $395 million merger with a newly formed company controlled by a New York-based private equity sponsor
- a life sciences company in its $300 million acquisition of the assets of the generic drug business of a competitive pharmaceutical company and subsequent disposition of certain of those assets in compliance with FTC requirements
- a venture capital company in its equity financing of a mid-stage application software company
- a private equity firm in its disposition of its equity interest in a portfolio company in the business of designing and manufacturing custom dental prosthetics
- a private equity firm in a $20 million leveraged recapitalization of a specialty equipment manufacturer
- a manufacturer of consumer products in the outsourcing of the production of certain food products
- a life sciences company in its investment in an early stage medical technology company and its simultaneous funding of the development and subsequent marketing of water purification technologies related to the treatment of renal disease
- a Swedish conglomerate in its $10 million disposition of the stock of each of its worldwide infrared system businesses in exchange for a minority position in a Nasdaq-listed manufacturer of infrared camera technologies
- a water services company in its $60 million auction and subsequent disposition of the stock and assets of certain of its worldwide water operations
- a private equity firm in its $150 million leveraged recapitalization of a manufacturer of personal computer equipment
- a software company in its merger, valued at $30 million, with and into a Nasdaq-listed developer of software supporting the medical community.
Before attending law school, Mr. Hunter held a variety of sales and marketing positions with IBM Corporation.
Mr. Hunter is a member of the advisory board of the Rock Ethics Institute of the Pennsylvania State University.
B.A., 1981, University of Tennessee
M.B.A., 1984, Pennsylvania State University
J.D., 1995, Georgetown University Law Center
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey