Evelyn J. Meltzer
Evelyn J. Meltzer is of counsel in the Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Wilmington office. Ms. Meltzer has experience representing debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, asset purchasers, post-confirmation trusts as well as secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings. Additionally, Ms. Meltzer acts as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants in bankruptcy-related litigation matters.
Ms. Meltzer is currently the chair for the Delaware chapter of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) and vice programs director in charge of regional programming for the national IWIRC board. Ms. Meltzer organized and chaired the 2013 IWIRC at the Shore conference, the first regional IWIRC conference, and is currently serving as chair for the 2014 conference.
Significant cases in which Ms. Meltzer has been actively involved include the following Chapter 11 matters:
Debtors (Lead or Co-Counsel)
Committee (Lead or Co-Counsel)
- Capital Infrastructure LLC (d/b/a Connexion Technologies)
- Contec Holdings, Ltd
- Holley Performance Products, Inc. (I and II)
- Cynergy Data, Inc.
- JHT Holdings, Inc.
- Hawaii Superferry, Inc.
- Broadband Office, Inc.
- Recticel Interiors North America, LLC.
Ms. Meltzer’s publications include:
- Syntax-Brillian Corporation
- Solar Trust of America LLC
- Evergreen Solar, Inc.
- Great Wide Logistic Services
- RathGibson, Inc.
- Caribbean Petroleum, Inc.
- Foamex International, Inc.
- Skybus Airlines, Inc.
- Neoplan USA Corporation
- Reliant Energy Channelview LP
- Avado Brands, Inc.
- Questex Media Group, Inc.
- “LLC Members Held to Be Insiders for Preference Liability Purposes,” Legal Intelligencer, September 2011
- “United States Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Tenth Circuit Upholds Provision in LLC Agreement Prohibiting Filing of Bankruptcy,” Legal Intelligencer, December 2010
- “Involuntary Bankruptcy Proceedings: Benefits and Risks to the Petitioning Creditors,” Bloomberg Law Reports, August 2010
- “Third Circuit Holds that Agreement Containing Trademark License Was Not Executory and Therefore Could Not Be Rejected,” Pepper Hamilton LLP Bankruptcy Update, June 2010
- “A Year in Review: Delaware DIP Orders in 2008,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, April 2009
- “Ten Issues to Consider Prior to Filing for Bankruptcy,” Pepper Hamilton LLP Bankruptcy Update, January 2009
- “Two Bankruptcy Courts Deny Administrative Expense Claim for Employees Terminated Pre- Petition in Violation of Warn Act,” Pepper Hamilton LLP Bankruptcy Update, January 2009
- “Circuit Court Split Regarding Degree of Culpability Required Under Section 523(a)(4),” American Bankruptcy Institute Commercial Fraud Task Force Newsletter, December 2007
- “Disgorgement of Critical Vendor Payments,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, November 2007
- “Demystifying the Claims Administration Process,” American Bankruptcy Institute Court Administration Committee Newsletter, November 2007
- “The Appointment of a Patient Care Ombudsman,” Pepper Hamilton LLP Bankruptcy Update, October 2007
- “Ten Traps to Avoid When Filing a Proof of Claim,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, April 2007
- “The Timing of Payment of Allowed Section 503(b)(9) Administrative Expense Claims,” Pepper Hamilton LLP Bankruptcy Update, March 2007
- “Arbitration Clauses Continue to Be Enforced by Delaware Bankruptcy Courts,” Legal Intelligencer, November 10, 2006 and Delaware Law Weekly, November 15, 2006.
B.A. 1998, summa cum laude, Drew University
J.D. 2001, Northwestern University School of Law
Admitted to practice in Delaware and Pennsylvania