Cuyler H. Walker
Cuyler H. Walker is a commercial attorney. Mr. Walker’s practice is devoted primarily to the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and securities law.
The following are representative engagements in which Mr. Walker has been involved. He has represented:
- various venture capital funds in the creation of the funds and investments in portfolio companies, including a variety of biotech and telecommunications companies
- early stage companies in private placements of equity and debt securities and general corporate matters
- publicly traded companies in various matters, including M&A transactions, securities law reporting and compliance issues, and general corporate matters
- entrepreneurs in the purchase or sale of controlling interests in ongoing business ventures
- a national building products company in the purchase of several subsidiary corporations and the organization of joint venture projects
- a registered investment adviser with more than $3 billion under management in the capacity of its general counsel
- a corporation involved in genome research and recombinant biocatalysis in various financing and business matters
- a regional HMO in connection with its merger with a national publicly traded HMO, and in various business matters
- a number of physicians groups in negotiations involving third-party payor contracts, employment agreements, and the organization and sale of medical practices.
Mr. Walker began his legal career with another Philadelphia law firm, and also worked in the Pennsylvania Governor’s Office, the U.S. Department of Justice and the United Nations before joining Pepper in 1993.
Mr. Walker is a member of the board of trustees of Thomas Jefferson University, a member of the board of directors of the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia, president of the Philadelphia Chapter of the National Association of Corporate Directors, chairman of the board of supervisors of East Marlborough (Pennsylvania) Township, president of the board of trustees of Upland Country Day School, a trustee of the Cheshire Land Preservation Fund, and a member of the board of directors of the Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry.
B.A. 1981, cum laude, Yale University
M.B.A. 1987 University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School
J.D. 1987 University of Pennsylvania Law School
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and District of Columbia