Christopher S. Miller is a partner in the Berwyn office of Pepper Hamilton LLP. He concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, securities, technology law and general corporate matters.
Mr. Miller regularly represents U.S. and foreign public and private companies and private equity funds in merger and acquisition transactions. He also represents private equity funds and emerging companies in venture capital, growth equity and debt financing transactions, including numerous financings of LLC’s. Mr. Miller represents companies in private and public securities offerings, as well as public companies in ongoing reporting and compliance matters. He also regularly counsels public and private companies in the information technology and life science industries on general corporate matters and in connection with licensing and commercialization agreements.
The following engagements are representative of Mr. Miller’s practice. He has participated in the representation of:
- the $130 million acquisition of a publicly traded specialty pharmaceutical company
- the $17 million acquisition of a privately held outsourcing company
- a specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with its initial public offering
- numerous private equity and venture capital funds in connection with investments in life science and information technology companies, including:
- a private equity syndicate in connection with a $45 million growth equity investment in a pharmaceutical industry company
- a venture capital syndicate in connection with a $24 million investment in a specialty pharmaceutical company
- a private equity fund's $10 million expansion capital investment in an information technology limited liability company
- a private equity fund’s $8 million sub-debt investment in a medical products company
- a pharmaceutical staffing company in connection with its $10 million private equity and sub-debt financing
- a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with its $35 million acquisition by a publicly held Canadian pharmaceutical company
- a large private equity investor in connection with a $125 million asset acquisition of an international telecommunications company
- a publicly held biotechnology company in connection with the acquisition of a number of private companies
- a publicly held manufacturing company in connection with its “going private" transaction
- a privately held electronics company in connection with its $125 million acquisition by a publicly held manufacturing corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- a privately held computer technology manufacturer in connection with its $100 million acquisition by a publicly traded company
- a software consulting company in connection with its $35 million acquisition by a publicly held information technology services corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- a publicly held medical services company in connection with several acquisitions of publicly and privately held companies
- a wholly owned subsidiary of a NYSE company in its acquisition of a computer consulting company in India
- an international software company in several multi-million dollar licensing transactions.
Mr. Miller is an adjunct professor in the graduate program of Lehigh University’s College of Business and Economics. He also lectures regularly to private equity and venture capital organizations. Mr. Miller regularly serves on the Steering Committee for the annual Mid-Atlantic Capital Conference and the Program Committee for the ACG’s annual M&A East Conference.
Mr. Miller is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and was selected for inclusion on the 2011 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list.
Mr. Miller is a former member of the staff of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, where he worked just prior to joining Pepper in 1997. Before working for the SEC, he was a commercial associate with Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft.