Michelle R. Yarbrough Korb
Michelle R. Yarbrough Korb is special counsel in the Real Estate Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Pittsburgh office.
Ms. Yarbrough Korb’s practice is focused in the affordable housing industry with an emphasis on development, including the utilization of low-income housing tax credits (LIHTCs), federal programs (including the Capital Fund Financing Program (CFFP) as well as HUD’s mixed-finance process) and programs offered by individual states as well as the Federal Home Loan Banks’ Affordable Housing Program (AHP). Ms. Yarbrough Korb’s practice involves drafting and negotiating financing documents, site control and access documents, master development agreements governing long-term relationships between parties, agreements governing regulations associated with the use of public funds (including public housing operating subsidy and project based vouchers (PBVs)), procurement documents, and energy performance contracts. She regularly advises public and private clients from concept to closing on multimillion dollar development projects, including the formation and use of new entities (including issues raised by HUD’s guidance (Notice PIH-2007-15, as extended by Notice PIH 2011-47) with respect to affiliates and instrumentalities), working with state and federal governmental agencies, addressing compliance issues, and leveraging private and public financing and partnerships.
Ms. Yarbrough Korb’s recent publications and speaking engagements include:
- “Partnering for Success” (presenter), Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania's Homes Within Reach Conference, November 2014
- “Financing Development Today and Tomorrow” (presenter), NAHRO National Conference, October 2014
- “A New View: Thinking Outside the Box to Generate Revenue and Accomplish Your Agency’s Goals” (presenter), Pennsylvania Association of Housing & Redevelopment Agencies (PAHRA) Annual Conference, September 2014
- “Effective Partnerships, Healthy Housing” (presenter), National Healthy Homes Conference, May 2014
- “Everything Your Outside Counsel & Legal Consultants Wish You Knew” (presenter), NAHRO National Conference, October 2013
- “Reminder to Embrace Opportunity When Looking to the Future” (author), The Legal Intelligencer, March 14, 2013
- “Living Our Values by Creating Effective Partnerships to Achieve Neighborhood Redevelopment and Build a Community” (presenter), NAHRO Summer Conference, July 2013
- “Finding Innovative Methods to Generate Revenue at Home to Support Our Values” (presenter), NAHRO Summer Conference, July 2013
- “Facing the Challenge of Creating Effective Partnerships” (presenter), UNCA Neighborhood Revitalization Conference, July 2013
- “Creating a Revitalized Neighborhood” (presenter), NAHRO Summer Conference, July 2012
- “Tax Credits – Year 15” (presenter), Pennsylvania Association of Housing & Redevelopment Agencies (PAHRA) Spring Conference and Expo, June 2012
- “Fiduciary Responsibilities of Affiliates and Instrumentalities” (presenter), PAHRA Spring Conference & Expo, June 2012
- “Capital Fund Financing Program” (presenter), NCRC NAHRO Conference and Exhibition, April 2012
- “Affiliated Entities - Fiduciary Liability Pitfalls” (presenter), NAHRO Summer Conference, July 2011
- “Rethinking our Neighborhood Structure and Implementing Revitalization” (presenter), NAHRO Summer Conference, July 2011
Ms. Yarbrough Korb is a graduate of Leadership Pittsburgh, Inc.’s Leadership Development Initiative (Class XVI) and Leadership On Board (XI) with the Allegheny County Bar Foundation. She is a member and serves on the national housing committee of the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials. She also is a member of the Notre Dame Club of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny County Bar Association.
Ms. Yarbrough Korb was selected for inclusion on the 2013 Pennsylvania Rising Stars list.
B.S. 1998, cum laude, University of Notre Dame
J.D. 2002, magna cum laude, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania