Pepper Hamilton Women's Initiative
began in 2003 and focuses on recruiting, retaining, promoting and supporting our
female attorneys. Hope
A. Comisky and Joan C. Arnold were the founding partners. The program includes professional development training and informal
mentoring opportunities from more experienced female attorneys.
In October, Pepper WIN! hosted an event for all female attorneys addressing work-life balance and career development plans. Read about the event on page 12 of Diversity Matters.
Our Women’s Initiative is just one of the more recent efforts in Pepper’s long history
of successes in this area and other areas:
- Pepper elected its first female partner in 1960.
- In 1992, we were one of the first large firms to elect a woman as executive partner,
and, in 2007, we elected a woman to chair our Executive Committee. We are one of
only a few firms in the nation with a female chief executive.
- Female partners serve as the firm’s General Counsel and the firm’s Professional Responsibility
- A female partner leads our Orange County office and women lead the firm’s antitrust, Canada, commercial litigation, India, insurance, investment funds, media and communications, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation and counseling, sustainability, cleantech and climate change, and tax practices.
- Women also serve on the Executive, Management and Finance Committees.
- Women hold senior administrative positions including: director of administration,
director of associate relations, director of information
services and technology, director of library and research services, director of
professional recruiting, and director of user services.
- A female partner was named a “Most Powerful and Influential Woman of Pennsylvania” for 2010 by The National Diversity Council.
- Three Pepper Hamilton Attorneys Named Among Top 250 Women in Litigation.