Pepper Hamilton Women's Initiative
began in 2003 and focuses on recruiting, retaining, promoting and supporting our
female attorneys. Hope
A. Comisky and Joan C. Arnold were the founding partners.
For a decade WIN! has developed and offered professional development
training, and programs on communication and marketing skills,
and the importance of mentors. In an effort to further define
the role of WIN!, and to broaden its reach, Pepper has restructured WIN! The firm has appointed Maria A. Feeley to serve as the chair of
WIN!, and Joy A. Barrist to serve as the vice chair. Read more on page 4 of Diversity Matters.
Our Women’s Initiative is just one of the more recent efforts in Pepper’s long history
of successes in this area and other areas:
- Pepper elected its first female partner in 1960.
- In 1992, we were one of the first large firms to elect a woman as executive partner,
and, in 2007, we elected a woman to chair our Executive Committee.
- Female partners serve as the firm’s General Counsel and the firm’s Professional Responsibility
- A female partner leads our Orange County office and women lead the firm’s antitrust, commercial litigation, India, funds services, media and communications, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation and counseling, sustainability, cleantech and climate change, and tax practices.
- Women also serve on the Executive, Management and Finance Committees.
- Women hold senior administrative positions including: director of administration,
director of professional development and recruiting, director of information
services and technology, director of library and research services, and director of user services.
- A female partner was named a “Most Powerful and Influential Woman of Pennsylvania” for 2010 by The National Diversity Council.
- Three Pepper Hamilton Attorneys Named Among Top 250 Women in Litigation.